Cloche d'Or in Luxemburg _Case study smart home and smart city
An urban district connected with DOVIT technology, in the heart of Luxembourg.
One of the largest connected urban districts in Europe
La Cloche d'Or is a new mixed urban district, where some 30,000 people will live, work and study in the near future. The designers of this project have been careful to develop and think in this global approach, with absolute priority given to the quality of community life, comfort of life while adopting a strict philosophy of sustainable development. The Cloche d'Or district is committed to guaranteeing a comfortable and safe environment for all inhabitants, putting nature at the heart of the project and encouraging soft mobility.
"At DOVIT, our ambition is to offer modern and sustainable apartments combining comfort, safety, innovation and reliability."
- 160,000 m2 of connected and intelligent residential space
- 2,000 integration servers installed
- 1,000 housing units equipped to date and 1,000 more to come
- 25000 products installed
The needs in terms of "intelligence" for the project
The technological need for this project was to have an open, integrated and connected solution to manage all the devices and services present in each home, with a single user interface. The challenge for the property developer was to create a complete connected neighbourhood where all the apartments are equipped with a home automation system, without additional costs for the buyers. The infrastructure of the common areas and apartments provided for all the dwellings to be interconnected and that in the future they would be linked to a multitude of services offered by the neighbourhood and the city to create a true "Smart City". The DOVIT system, thanks to its native multi-protocol and multi-standard functionality, is able to control and integrate any device or service, without brand or model constraints, ensuring a flexible infrastructure for each project.
Integration of all functions on a single interface
Thanks to the integrated smart home system, it was possible to equip all homes with a wall-mounted touch screen, from which the customer can use all integrated services with a single device. The alarm system, video doorphone, temperature control in all rooms and the control of the entire lighting system (without, of course, dispensing with the need for touch-sensitive push buttons in all rooms) can be operated from the same device.
Functionality, adaptability at all times, data protection and reliability - these are the most important points for users. Residents of smart houses are looking for simple configuration and operation, and if possible via different interfaces. This is where the DOVIT interface comes in, integrated on the wall-mounted touch screens and available via the application on PC or Mac, Smart TVs and smartphones. Simplicity is at the heart of the DOVIT concept: In addition to the IFTTT online platform - which offers free IoT services for users - the system of course supports voice assistants, which many residents appreciate. (Google Home , Alexa for example). From the application or touch switches, scenarios can therefore be triggered by a simple touch of the finger or by voice.
The typical equipment of an apartment at the Cloche d'Or:
- 1 intelligent server for the integration and control of lighting, blinds and shutters, alarm system, ventilation and heating as well as access control.
- 1 touch screen with the Do.App application that allows control of all DOVIT functions, including the creation and modification of scenarios with time programming, modification of icons, etc.
- 4 input/output modules for installation on DIN rail on electrical panel for the control of 32 light points or motorization of blinds.
- 1 professional alarm control unit equipped with an IP network card, keypad with RFID, internal siren.
- 2 volumetric sensors.
- 2 combined optical and thermal smoke detectors.
- 1 firewall router to connect the apartment to all the functions installed in the common areas of the building, particularly access control. This router also allows remote connection with the DO.App mobile application.
- 1 touch and multifunction thermostat per heating zone.
The commitments of the Cloche d'Or district
- Ensuring a comfortable and safe environment for all residents
- Putting nature at the heart of the project by creating a sustainable and green neighbourhood
- Promoting mobility
The Dovit system is:
- A different and unique architectural approach.
- A smart home integration platform DOVIT based on a multi-standard and multi-protocol integration server. This integration server allows interoperability and intercommunication without brand or technology constraints.
- A single bus for more reliability, speed and security.
- Native integration of new services and new technologies through the IFTTT platform with more than 1000 IoT products and services.
- Native integration of a security system.
- Simple implementation with fast programming.